Be sure to tune into to HGTV tomorrow night at 8PM when they announce the winner of the 2011 Dream Home Giveaway – a breathtaking modern mountain lodge situated in picturesque Stowe, Vermont!
In honor of the big event, we thought we’d take a look at how to achieve the look of one of the dream home bedrooms on less than a dream-home-budget.
Try a taupe, tan and soft gray color palette to give your bedroom the same cozy, den-like vibe as the space above. Ample use of mirrors and lighter colored upholstery & bedding add balance to counteract the darker tones.
Black & white or sepia toned artwork is the perfect compliment for a subdued color palette. Accent toss pillow add just enough pattern to break up the solid fabrics used throughout.
Metal and glass side tables are light and airy and add a contrasting textural element throughout the room. Lighting strategically placed in front of mirrors also helps to lighten and brighten.
1. Patina Bronze Mirror, $259.95
2. Sinclair Bed, $1199.95
3. Sherwin Williams paint in 7025 Backdrop
4. Burnish Table Lamp, $169.95
5. Betsy Ball Tassel Throw in Cream, $69.95
6. Metropolitan Chest, $599.95
7. Pavilion Chairside Table, $179.95
8. Dupioni Silk Box Pillow, $49.95 and Tile Felt Applique Natural Pillow, $59.95
9. Giselle Chair, $499.95 and Ottoman, $299.95
10. Oversized Bed Tray, $79.95
11. Ipex Twist Bundle, $14.95
12. Black and White Botanical Leaves, $229.95