Anyone who has tried (or even thought about trying) to create a gallery wall knows it can be a daunting task. How do you find the right balance? Where do you start? What size, shape and color frames should you use? Fear no more! We’ve compiled all the insider tips you need to create a fool-proof gallery display!
1. First, some basic templates for you that are a great starting point. Pick the best shape for your space and your taste!
2. Selecting frames in the same color will automatically create a sense of cohesiveness. Just use a variety of sizes and textures to create interest. Frames in different finishes can work well also – it all depends on the look you are trying to achieve.
3. Another way to 100% guarantee a coordinating effect is by using monotone prints. Convert all your images to black and white or sepia tone to achieve a cohesive feel more easily.
4. Once your frames are selected, grab your template from step 1 and lay the frames out on the floor to help visualize the final product.
5. Cut newspaper to the size of each frame and then place on the wall with painters tape so you can step back and adjust the design if needed before placing nails in your wall. Nail right over the newspaper and then tear it off when done.
6. Use some personality! Don’t be afraid to add other elements to your gallery besides just photos. Items like mirrors, small objects, box frames and wooden letters or words are all great elements to incorporate.
Have you tackled this project in your own home already? We’d love to see some photos! Leave a comment or email us photos at homeoffice @ bostoninteriors [dot] com.