What’s the best way to decorate your mantel? Quite often this is the focal point of a room, anchored by one main piece, maybe a mirror or artwork. Once you have that in place on the wall, what to do next?
Here are some quick tips & ideas:
- Mix metals – no need to choose between silver or gold – use them both to make things sparkle and shine. Mix a dull finish with shiny, soft and round with rigid and clean edges.
- Make sure you have a variety of heights for visual balance and interest.
- Overlapping frames, one horizontal & one vertical, leaning against the wall add a fun, casual touch.
- Books, either side by side or stacked, add a classic touch.
- Is a TV the main focal point? Then a simple candle stick or sconce on either side will complete the look nicely.
- When you’re decorating for a holiday, be sure to remove your everyday items to make room for holiday decor. Don’t force them all on together or it will be too crowded.